Thursday, November 10, 2011

I don't ever want to move. Ever.

Now unlike Love me, love my Winnipeg (my other little blog) this isn't because I am just so in love with the North End. I don't ever want to move because even the faintest idea of it gives me a tension headache. I mean, it all makes sense now; why "moving sales" are second only to "estate sales" in terms of their awesomeness. It's because nobody wants to move all that crap their wonderful possessions.

I mean, seriously, and what about people that have children?? How do they do it? Where does all the stuff go? I should invest in cardboard - just as inevitable as death and taxes, people move. Now, part of my problem is that when I moved in to my house I already had almost a house full of possessions what do you mean people don't have fridges and stoves stored away for "one day, when they buy a house"? and now I realistically have enough possessions for probably two fairly decently decorated houses.

Recent acquisition
Loving vintage and retro is both a blessing and a curse, although right this moment I think it's leaning a bit more towards curse. All of a sudden it's become hip and cool to like old stuff which means that the deals are harder to find (hmm, maybe that's a blessing in disguise?) but it also means when I do find them I absolutely must scoop them up, they'll be gone tomorrow if I don't. That is why I have 7 kitchen tables in my basement. I have probably 4 or 5 kitchen cannister sets, you know in case I ever need to have flour, flour, flour, flour, sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, tea, tea, tea, tea and grease all lined up on the counter. Yes, only one grease, they are harder to come by - maybe you have another that might match one of my sets?? See! It's a compulsion!

Well, thank goodness I do love my house, and so long as I can learn to keep my hoarding collecting under control, I should never outgrow this house. Although, I might want to buy a cabin, just in case.....

No comments:

Post a Comment